Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ch 9 Evaluation

This chapter gave some insight to the different kinds of evaluations that are out there. The more I read this book, the more complicated things seem to be in our entire education system. It amazes me to think that someone actually took the time to break up all of these broad terms into even smaller pieces all to help us better understand the system that we belong to. Now I can understand why some people who may have all the degrees in the world, can often lose sight of the real problem because they are so caught up in all the rhetoric. I just hope I don’t end up being one of those people that lose sight of the bigger picture. Aside from all of that, I do believe that evaluative measures and procedures are important when looking at language programs and development. I know that our school is wanting to improve our language curriculum, and is testing some new programs but feel like it is lacking a very important component and that involves teacher. Too often we get new curriculum that we have to implement, but do not receive the proper training that is required to implement it effectively.

No comments: